Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Type of Position: 0.8 FTE
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba was created in March of 1997 as one of the many legacies established for the 1999 Pan American Games held in Winnipeg. Since its inception, CSCM has been the hub for high performance sport in Manitoba, with the support of Sport Manitoba, the Canadian Olympic Committee, Sport Canada, the Coaching Association of Canada, Pan Am Games Legacy Fund and the corporate community.
CSCM leads Manitoba in creating a safe and innovative environment that supports and empowers the continuous pursuit of athletic and personal excellence on the Olympic or Paralympic journey. We believe that each unique path of human achievement inspires people, organizations and communities.
CSCM is committed to creating a safe environment for all who come in contact with it. The successful candidate will be asked to complete a background and child abuse registry check as well as additional professional development in this area.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the General Manager and working alongside senior staff, the Athlete Services & Program Manager will present a positive, welcoming, helpful demeanour to create a supportive atmosphere for clients (athletes and coaches) of the Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba. As the Athlete Services & Program Manager, you will be responsible for all administrative support to Life and Athlete Services as well as the coordination and the delivery of a variety of programs to registered athletes and coaches.
In this role, you will also work with the Administration group on CSCM business goals, including event planning, branding, operations and development.
Frequent interruptions and a diverse workload that requires effectively managing time and conflicting priorities characterize this position. One must demonstrate courtesy, sound judgement, attention to detail and common-sense decision-making.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience, with a demonstrated ability to lead programs and working with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work in a multi-faceted environment with excellent organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, timely follow-through, and commitment to results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service, social and team building skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with database management
- French-speaking skills are an asset
- Be the first point of contact for athletes and coaches to access programs and services from CSCM:
- Conducts athlete intake sessions and informs athletes of services available to them.
- Organize, update, and maintain tracking systems of athlete services and programs on a continual basis. Includes database, board reports, and athletes’
- Effectively communicates news, opportunities, events, policies/procedures with athletes and coaches.
- Connect with athletes to determine needs and interest level for workshops, programs and services
- Maintains contacts with sport medicine service providers in the city to ensure timely appointments and updated service provider contracts.
- Leads CSCM’s programming for the Advanced Coaching Diploma, Game Plan, and the Vincent Massey Sport & Arts program partnership.
- Assist in ensuring the business needs of the organization are looked after in coordination with the Administrative group; including, but not be limited to, office management, financial reporting, and grant writing.
- Assist the Marketing and Events Manager with the development of specific marketing materials, ongoing social media activity and website content as required.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, September 14, 2018. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.