Sport medicine is the foundation of our athletes’ performance. In order to perform at the highest level, they must be in optimal physical shape. This includes athletic therapy, chiropractic care, massage therapy and more.
CSCM’s Athlete Services & Development Manager, Stephanie Lambert, triages the needs of our athletes with medical providers, helping to ensure that the athletes are being cared for efficiently and that the road to recovery is a smooth one. Sport medicine doctors will work to treat any injuries to the body’s muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons and bones as well as chronic illness such as diabetes that could affect an athlete’s physical performance.
Sport Medicine services triaged through CSCM include:
- Athletic Therapy. Prevention and care of musculoskeletal disorders (muscles, bones, joints) as they relate to sport.
- Chiropractic Care. Improving biomechanical and neuromuscular function.
- Massage Therapy. Injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Orthopedic Care. Maintenance and restoration of the proper function of the musculoskeletal system.
- Sport Medicine. Examination and maintenance of athletic injuries.
- Sport Physiotherapy. Improving functional independence and physical performance in sport.
- Alternative Therapies – Acupuncture. Balancing the body’s energy by inserting needles under the skin at specific points along energy pathways (meridians) to improve or cure disease and/or disorders.
View a list of our service providers.