Sport psychology or mental training is a necessity in supporting athletes and coaches on their high performance sport journey.
At the Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba, we work to help athletes prepare and reach a podium performance through workshops and personal coaching.
Our Director of Sport Psychology, Dr. Adrienne Leslie-Toogood brings extensive experience working with athletes in both Canada and the United States at all levels of performance. She has attended a number of multi-sport games including the Canada Games, Olympics and Paralympics.
At CSCM we have a deep understanding of the psychological factors connected to sport participation and performance. With practical application of this knowledge, our athletes can enhance their performance and achieve optimal mental health. Services we offer include:
- Peak performance
- Mental skills such as imagery and self-talk
- Relaxation techniques
- Goal setting
- Attention and concentration
- Team dynamics
- Personality factors
- Gender and multicultural issues
- Coaching effectiveness
- Athletic identity
- Injuries and burnout
- Unhealthy behaviours such as substance abuse
- Psychological concerns such as depression and anxiety
- Ethical issues of research and practice
- Impact of sport participation on development and well-being